Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rivoli Ballroom - Gay Night


Nicky and I went to the Rivoli on Saturday and it was great.
It's good to see the placed packed out, although there were quite a few non-dancers who were being told off for standing on the dance floor. This received a huge round of applause from the core dancers, which was funny.

The night consists of ballroom and some line dancing (trust me - no country and western music was played). It was fun and I'm determined to learn the Midnight Waltz.

Nicky wants to teach a Saturday Night Fever line dance thingy soon. Lot's of laughs to be had there me thinks - You know how bad I am at that sort of thing!

Go to www.pinkjukebox.com if you fancy going there.

Jim x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'it's good to see the place packed out' - your picture only shows one couple though!!

Dance Riviera said...

It's the only picture I could find of the place that shows it off.

Next time we go I might take the camera. I'll have to ask Jackie first.

Or I could paste some people into this pic... hehe

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic! do you have to dress up? ie no jeans? Im not too good at dancing but I guess thats ok - very excited and sounds like a great atmosphere. how much is it to get in? and what time does it open? thanks