Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dance Routines

Nicky and I will be choreographing our 2 dance routines this weekend for Camber.

Bump & Grind : A funky class with fun in mind, but some good moves too.
We've still to pick the music for this, so any suggestions are welcome. It needs to be a RnB funky style music, but then any good track will work.
Were scheduled to go on stage at 10.00 am Sunday morning, which means getting out of bed for 9.00 am after a very late night Saturday should be a challenge. Hmmmmm, can I teach in my sleep or we just don't go to bed!

Strictly Smooth Jive : Our trade mark class with some very cool moves.
We can use any music to this, but we might throw in some LEMON tracks - can you tell I'm a fan. We've been working on this routine for some weeks now - well individual moves anyway, so we just need to sew them together. Dwain and Carla can take credit for inspiration on at least one move. Unfortunately we have been scheduled to teach downstairs for Strictly Smooth and if were on the normal stage then it's going to be difficult as were doing some fancy footwork. Time will tell...

For those that didn't know - we have to film our routines directly after teaching them for the DVD. Our very own Steve "The Hit Man" Strong is normally the film guy on site and it's the most dreaded part of the weekend for me. Why? C'os I become very nervous in front of a camera. So much so that I'm known as "one take Jim". I only take "one take" to complete the shoot.

Anyway, I'll keep you up to date with how it all went.

Jim

No comments: