Friday, July 07, 2006

Advanced Smooth Jive

Were only 2 lessons in with our Advanced Smooth Jive lessons, but I can honestly say that the feedback has been way more positive than I expected.

We are teaching technique for about 1 hour and then a pattern of moves for another 1 hour.

What's great for me is that the dancers are really pushing themselves to improve and are visably changing the way they think and perform Smooth Jive. Let me tell you that this is no easy task! Changing ones technique is hard to do and normally results in the pulling out of hair and shouting at your partner...hehehehe

I am extremely confident that in 6 weeks time we will see some great results and great dancers capable of much much more. In fact the whole experience is improving Nicky & mines dancing ability and expanding the way we think about dance.

Something that's worth a mention: Recently we have heard quite a few comments about Dance Riviera dancers like:
"where do you dance?"
reply
"Dance Riviera"
response
"Hmmm, I thought so, your really good! You can tell."

Smooth Jive is NOT Modern Jive. I can easily see the difference from 20 feet away. So can you!

I'm proud of you all; and this warm feeling I get when I dance with or watch you just grows by the day. Well done!

Have a great weekend,

Jim x

No comments: