Monday, July 24, 2006

Dance Riviera is part of a World Record!!

Dance Riviera World Record Breakers!

We took part in the (Dartford Festival) Big Dance Class World Record attempt and we (and thousands of people across the country) broke the world record!

We had great fun on Saturday, although the routines were harder and more complicated than we first thought. Well done to everyone that turned up and took part, especially as we were dancing in the blazing sunshine. Very proud of us all.

We also did a 30 minute busk at the festival and got people up dancing and hopefully created a lot of awareness for Dance Riviera's classes.

The icing on the cake was Nicky & Tracy's BBC TV appearance on the news!! We gave a short interview about the world record dance and we made it on TV, we're famous :-)

p.s. if anyone taped the programme or news, please let us know as we'd love to see it!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only downside was that I nearly broke my wrist drawing semi-circles.....hehehehehehehehehehehehe (One of the funniest things to happen this year. You had to be there.) Well done to Adam for a good class.

A FANTASTIC well done for those that participated in the event - You are now record breakers!

Jim x

Anonymous said...

I taped BBC1 all the way through and will watch it properly tonight to see the interview but I did catch Terry, Sarah, Tracey and others in the quick "... and Dartford" bit!

Nicky/Jim - Will let you borrow the tape!

My neck is still hurting though from the wurlitzer that Terry and I went on on the way home - the draw of the lights and the fact of "Scream if you want to go faster". I really must remember how old I am - one day!

Christine x

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I could've gone to sleep standing up!

I'm still getting over it today hehehe

Jx

Anonymous said...

I recorded Dancing in the Street on BBC 1 and that had a quick shot of Dartford on there. Was a really good show overall and had some good dancers on there. you are welcome to borrow it if you like?

Shelley x

PS Jim I have transferred the Joseph and Sadie pics and videos onto a CD for you, will bring it to Dartford Thursday