Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nicky's DJing experience at Crayford


Last night I had to DJ and teach intermediates at Crayford as our DJ Claire was unwell (get better soon!). I have to say that after trying to get cover, it was left down to me - and I wasn't particularly looking forward to it!

Teaching and running the night is hard work in itself but to DJ and try and please everyone in the room is added pressure that no-one wants. Anyway, it turned out to be a fantastic night! I got Jenni (our teacher) to DJ whilst Paul (Zoolander) and I did beginners, she was hilarious, talk about fast music :-) everyone loved it though.

When it came to freestyle, I was a little indulgent and played a lot of my favourite songs to dance to whilst catering for requests, beginners and our more experienced dancers. I got a lot compliments about my set which is nice because people only talk to you to when they don't like something!

Anyway, a big thanks for Tony, Pete, Zoolander, Terry & Christine especially for helping me to pack away the big kit, it's always much appreciated.

If anyone wants to post some 'nice' comments, please feel free to do so :-)

Nicky x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to leave a nice message because yet again it was a great night at Crayford - the atmosphere there is so lovely and friendly. Aso there were some nice comments from the beginners since they really enjoy the venue too!

Thanks to Jenni and Nicky for playing some great tracks last night - especially a couple of my faves which I didnt even have to ask for!

Teaching, music and ESP - what great people you are!

See you all soon!
Chrisx