Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Matt in TV dance floor bid

Former Miss Northern Ireland Joanne Salley's rugby star boyfriend will be setting the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing ballroom on fire next month.
Question of Sport captain Matt Dawson will compete against 14 other celebrities including Emma Bunton and Jimmy Tarbuck.
Joanne, who went to ballet classes for 15 years, said: "He came home the other evening after his first dance session and we went over some of the moves - it was a giggle.
"I love dancing and I grew up watching Strictly Come Dancing and for Matt to be in it is really bizarre.
"I can't wait to go along and see him.
"Let's hope he stays in it for a while and I can dress up on a few Saturday nights."
Dawson said: "I'm looking forward to getting into the costumes.
"You can't really sign up for Strictly Come Dancing and then refuse to wear the sequins and ruffles.
"When I go down, I want to go down in a blaze of glory!"

No comments: