Monday, September 25, 2006

School Disco success!!

What a fantastic Saturday night School Disco we had, it surpassed every other Saturday special we've done. BIG thanks to everyone that came and especially to those who dressed up as naughty schoolboys and girls.

The evening got off to a great start with Jim & Nicky's fun disco routine, which involved the confiscation of catapults, waterpistols and whistles :-) After some excellent music and freestyle by DJ Colin Shaul (Dorking LeRoc), we then did the pure luck not skill "run around" card game (thought up by our fabulous Frances), where lots of people won FREE tickets and our winners got 3 FREE tickets to our weekly venues.

We then had to do the "oops upside your head" laying on the floor dance - this was introduced at Flicks disco at Dartford in 1980, so it seems only fitting, thanks to everyone that joined in and made it a lot of fun.


After another 2 hours of freestyle, we called it a night at 1am with the majority ofthe dancers still wanting more.

We had a fantastic night, and we thank you all for being so much fun and getting into the spirit of the night.

Here are some of the comments we received on the night and through email since.........if you'd like to give us some feedback, don't forget to email us at info@danceriviera.com

.....thanks for putting the heart and your personality back into dancing

......I wasn't going to come tonight, thought it was going to be a bit cheesy with the dressing up thing, but I can honestly say it's blown my mind and I would have missed out if I'd have stayed in, a fantastic night!!

......each Saturday night just keeps on getting better and better, keep up the good work

......nobody puts on a Saturday special like you guys

.......Just to say thanks for an amazing night. Got home at 1.45am and was still buzzing at 3am! Enjoyed Herne Bay but last night surpassed all my expectations. Best £10 I have spent in years!

......everyone's so friendly at Dance Riviera, I can't believe how many people have dressed up, I'll definitely do it next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! It's the first "theme" night i've been to and really enjoyed it. I was a bit nervous about going dressed up but once I got there felt ok and was well impressed by the effort everyone made with their outfits.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky,

I just wanted to email you to thank you for such an awesome night on
Saturday. Kev, Dan and I had a fantastic time, learnt (albeit very
poorly) a brilliant routine and a few moves too. You seem like such a
fun group of people, its a shame we don't live closer!

Thanks once again,

Georgie

Note from Jim:

Well done Guys especially since it was your first night ever dancing.
We enjoyed meeting you and hope you carry on where ever you live.

Jim x

Anonymous said...

Sorry my first chance to get on line - just had to drop you a line and congratulate you on a brilliant night!

WELL DONE!

What a fantastic night! I didn't want the night to end!

Everyone got into the spirit of the evening - even the parents - and made it one of the best evenings out I have had in a very long time. I knew Dance Riviera could do with its usual levels of friendliness but even you outdid yourselves! Uniformed washed and ready for the next night (PS Yes it really was the original one apart from some additions!).

Christine