Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dance Coach Interview with .......Christine


Christine usually looks different and doesn't have pink hair but this is a great photo!

How long have you been dancing? About 3 years modern jiving but prior to that I have done foxtrot, quickstep, and 'set' dancing which is the general format of c'eilidh dancing ( the set consists of 4 couples, with each pair facing another in a square or rectangular fomation. Each couple exchanges position with the facing couple, and also facing couples exchange partners, while keeping in step with the beat of the music)

What made you start dancing with Dance Riviera? A friend encouraged me and I've never looked back.

How long have you been a Dance Coach? About 14 months

What do you enjoy about coaching? I love being part of such a great team. It's great to see a smile on the beginners' faces when they realise they can dance. It's especially rewarding when I see my beginners move up to into Intermediate classes and then make me look good on the dance floor.

What do you particularly like about Dance Riviera? The friendliness; the style of dancing; the atmosphere at all the venues and the fact that there is no cliqueness or elitism.

What's your day job? Legal Secreatry/IT Trainer

4 comments:

Dance Riviera said...

You forgot to mention Pole Dancing

hehe

Jim x

Anonymous said...

I never knew Christine was Polish!

Anonymous said...

Hello there

Well sadly I havent been dancing this week instead I have been wrapped up warm at home fighting a heavy chest cold!

But thanks for putting me on the Blog - am seriosuly considering going pink due to all the comments I got with that colour! I am polish but those who know me know that I have undertaken two pole, etc courses in the last couple of years and have been it my goal that by the age of 40 I will be fit enough to climb to the top of the pole and slide down holding on with my feet! Invites for the party will be going out as soon as I can finalise a venue!!!!!

See you soon promise

Christine x

Anonymous said...

Sorry excuse the error - cold seeping into my brain - I AM NOT POLISH - I am English of celtic background (Scottish eyes thanks to my grandma and Irish hair thanks to my two granddads)!

Anyway hope to be back dancing this weekend! Sniff!