Monday, January 28, 2008

Say goodbye to Ice Dancing on TV Sam!

After a clean sweep of saves from the judges for ex-javelin thrower Steve Backley, Sam Mumba was the third star to be voted out of the show, in this week’s nail-biting skate off.

After holding off the splits in rehearsals on account of her hamstring, Sam went for it big style in her live show performance. "My problem with you is your performance is always 'nice', it’s never spectacular..." Ruthie sighed, clearly not impressed by the gesture.
Looking lovely in lemon, Sam told Phil and Holly: “I did my best”, after her nervous performance to You Can’t Hurry Love. But unfortunately, her best wasn’t quite good enough on the night, as Mr Backley returned to the ice seconds later and put in an Olympic performance. With Jason’s words: “He gave a 100 per cent, I’m saving Steve,” the shocked singer realised she was out of the competition for good. Samantha then thanked the judges with a smile and told the audience, “I’ve really enjoyed myself. This is something I’m going to keep up”, before clutching her flowers and doing a lap of honour with her partner Pavel.

No comments: