Thursday, March 23, 2006

Congratulations


Congratulations to Nigel and Kerry.
They got to the semi-finals of the Blackpool national competition - which is quite an achievement!

I'll email them for more details on how it went etc.

Stay tuned.

Looking to the future...
Although I personally don't like to compete, I would be very keen to help those that do.
If there are those that are interested in doing a Competitions Workshop then maybe we could put something together.
I have judged a few large competitions and we are fortunate to know many of the current top dancers and judges in the world whom we could ask for advice and involve in a workshop.

Also,
I have toyed with the idea of running a weekly advanced Smooth Jive night - similar to our Easy Intermediate weekly workshop..... Any thoughts on this would be welcome.


Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea of an advanced class is good because of the frustrations of the coastal venues aiming their classes at the majority - who are early intermediate at best.

Anonymous said...

I feel that an advanced class or workshop is probably more appropriate than a competition workshop.