Thursday, March 16, 2006

Have Your Say


CRAYFORD, FOR A CHANGE …

Well I don’t know, I thought YOU knew
I’ve never ventured there before
Our regular venue is shut tonight
It’s a bit odd, isn’t it love
Changing our pattern of Wednesday evening outings
Where all our mates go
But hey, let’s give it a go
We like Nicky & Jim anyway
And our regular venue friends are giving it a go too
Wish I knew where it was
It’s on their website, look
Click on Venues, look
Click on Crayford, look
Even a handy map - they thought of everything, Dur!
Yeah I know, I would have thought of looking there
Is Gazza doing the DJing?
No, it’s some bloke called the ‘Hitman’
Wot, does he hit people then? No, he plays hits – hello! Hello!
Print the map out and let’s go

It’s dark down this road
Are we there? Why are we at the end of Old Road? Go back, there’s the entrance
We can’t be the first to have done that - Yeah sure

Not doing the lesson? £4 please - Oh? That’s a bit cheaper
And before 9.30pm too, humm – keep that in mind, quite happy about that
It’s a bit bright in here! lesson’s almost finished, quite a few faces I recognise
My turn to dance now
This floor is wonderful - not sticky or slippy
Plenty of dance space to practice
Dj’s playing good tunes - and our requests are likely to be honoured - I bet
There’s the talent, in their talent corner
By the door
You know who you are!

So what did I come away with after visiting this Riviera resort?
(1) You can easily park
(2) it’s not too hot,
(3) A good chance you can get a request played
(4) there’s space to dance
(5) Inexpensive in comparison
(6) The floor is really good to dance on

Nuff said! Not been? Why don’t you give it a try one Wednesday?…

Ken

No comments: