Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Compliment for Dance Riviera

I taught at Deal last night (which is always a pleasure) and what made my night was a new lady whom I got chatting to. She said that she'd had a fantastic time as it was her first night at Dance Riviera.

She then said she'd been to another company's venue in her home town (half an hour's drive) and found it unfriendly, difficult to understand and nobody asked her to dance. She said that she had found Dance Riviera to be the complete opposite and will drive half an hour every week with friends just to come to us. I was so pleased that she's going to carry on dancing as she loves it and of course that she's chosen to belong to the friendliest dance club in Kent. Thanks to all the crew at Deal who make it so special.

Nicky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya there, I am always getting people asking me who I dance with as they find the way I dance much smoother and less bouncy than others, which is a great compliment both to me and Dance Riviera who taught me all I know!!!!

I am just so glad that me and Maria chose to start dancing with you guys as I wouldn't be half the dancer I am now without you - just wish I could be there to learn a bit more and keep improving but that will have to be put on hold for a little while - anyway take care and have a good week, love Shelagh xxx

Anonymous said...

I have to report back on some lovely feedback received at Swanley last night - the beginners were so impressed with the friendliness of the coaches and regulars of Dance Riviera. Also the helpful hints and tips passed on at the end of the broken down coaching session run by Terry and I (with the help - many thanks - of our two extra men Tony and David). The ladies were very complimentary about the spinning technique and the hints like keeping your head up, feet together and the talk about basic momentum (which they had never heard before).

I agree with Shelagh and again like her I get asked where I dance because of the way I dance and also again since we are a lot less tigger-ish then other dancers!

I am so glad that I restarted my previous patchy dancing (week on - six months off) by coming to Dance Riviera and am sure that the hard work we all put into the excellant Advanced Jive Classes (run by Nicky and Jim) will make us shine even more at Camber!

Christine x