Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Moving House


For those that didn't know, Nicky & I are moving to Sutton at Hone near Dartford this Friday.
Not only are we moving house, but we are moving Dance Riviera, "The Business", too!

Nicky also has to move me. The last time I packed anything I forgot all my underwear..!

I've lived in my house for 11 years...Gulp! and with Nicky for 6 years in the same house.

It's emotional, stressfull, panicky, weird, heart breaking, exciting, fun and bloody hard work.

I'd just like to say that Nicky has handled all this exceptionally well and is doing a great job.

Thanks to everyone for be patient with us during our move and a special thanks goes to all that are helping us through the move.

We lost our internet connection today and probably wont be put back online for a month, at home that is, so Nicky wont be able to read this until she visits someone's house or an internet cafe...hehehe

I'll still be posting from work and Tracy will be checking emails etc. so it's dancing as usual.

Cya soon, Jim x

9 comments:

Shelagh said...

To you both - good luck with the house move, its bound to be a nightmare as these things always are - just keep smiling and make sure there is a bottle of wine near the top of the pile of boxes!!! All the best and take care, love Shelagh xxx

Dance Riviera said...

Funnily enough the wine got packed today, as did the bottle of champagne we bought for the occasion.

I don't even know where the gasses are...

Luckily, and purely by chance, there is a pub only 50 feet away from the house.

Cough, I never noticed, cough

Jim x

Dance Riviera said...

I meant glasses!

Anonymous said...

Good luck for Friday, hope it all goes well

Love
Shelley x

Anonymous said...

Once your in the new place here are your priorities:

1. Make up your bed you will need it by the end of the day.

2. Say hi to your neighbours they may make you some dinner !

3. Have a LARGE glass of wine or two and organise someone to unpack for you.

4. Enjoy your new home.

Best wishes to both of you lots of love Sarah x x x

Shelagh said...

Sounds like you have had one too many already!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the move goes as smooth as YOUR moves.See you both soon.
Pete and Nick. xx

Anonymous said...

Hope the move went well and you have started to settle in....oh and Jim I've never found the 'gasses' and I moved into my house 30 years ago! Jane x

Dance Riviera said...

Well, we've moved in and we're loving our new house, although we're still needing lots of furniture and of course everything takes weeks to deliver.

I'm completely frustrated about the lack of internet access and am having to go to the library which is the slowest connection in the world! 5 minutes to login, and at least 2-3 minutes to refresh a page!!!! arrrrrgggghhhhh!

Ok, feel better now I've vented.

Nicky